Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Some Simple Steps to Finding Answers

 The last post I did was a bit different than normal:) But it was what I was struggling with, and it was what was on my heart. I'm still struggling through some of it, but I've been doing a lot of thinking.
 I felt like I was the only one who dealt with those types of things... But after I posted it, I realized that maybe i'm not alone in facing that kind of stuff:) I felt like it would be good for me, and might help someone else, if I would do a post on what I have found helpful when i'm going through stuff like this.
 Soo, this post is 5 steps that I have realized I need to take in order to not get bogged down by unsettling questions. They're not necessarily in order of importance, but its what works best for me:)

 #1. Talk to Someone
       
                 This one is definitely the hardest for me, and I wrote it more from knowing what I need to         do, instead of what is actually normal:) But opening up  to someone, and just saying what's going      on inside is very beneficial. I'm the type of person that tends to bottles everything up inside and          lets the pressure build up until it explodes. If I talk about whats going on in my heart and mind, it        will often lessen the pressure big time, and the issue wont seem that big anymore.


#2. Talk to God

                 Prayer is our greatest weapon against the enemy and his tactics. I believe if we would                grasp onto that fact and claim its power, we would have victory over most of the things we face.         The times that we feel God doesn't hear us, or is ignoring us, or when we feel like we don't have         anything to say to God, are just tactics that the devil uses to keep us from praying. God is always         listening; waiting for us to call to Him. He longs for us to just talk to Him. He already knows               what we are feeling, He just wants us to express ourselves to Him. Just tell Him what you're                feeling, exactly how you're feeling it. Trust me, it helps!!!:)    (something that helps me do                  that is write out my feelings in prayer form. It helps me be really, truly honest. Don't worry, God        won't be offended:)


#3. Read the Bible

                 Not only do we need to talk to God, but we also need to allow Him to speak to us. His               word is another powerful weapon against satan. Soaking in the Bible and reading what God has to       say to us and about us is very healing to our souls. The more we fill ourselves with truth, the less         doors satan has to come against us with lies.  


#4. Talk about God

                 What we talk about says a lot about us. If we are always negative and complaining, that's a      sign of whats going on inside. And the more we think/talk about something, the more power we         give that in our life. When we are always focusing on the bad or hard, it opens doors more of the         same things to come against us. If we instead focus on what God has done for us and on things we       have read in the Bible, and start talking about those things, it glorifies God and gives Him more          power in our life. Plus, it will take our minds off the negative, and life will start to look brighter!

#5. Live with Purpose

                 This one can be really hard for me, but it isn't impossible! Especially when I take the other     four steps first. Be joyful in whatever you do, no matter how hard the task, or how simple the act of     service. Use your time wisely, and look for ways to bless others. And it doesn't have to be                   something big. I've found that washing that huge stack of dishes with a song on my lips, or                 brightening a little sisters day by reading them a story can be more of a blessing than something         that feels big or out-of-the-ordinary. It doesn't always feel as rewarding, but trust me, its worth it!!


 These steps are still something i'm learning, and sad to say, they aren't habit yet. But speaking from experience, they work! They are really, really hard sometimes, but the times that I've pushed through them the hardest, have been the most rewarding!:)

                           

4 comments: