Monday, January 2, 2017

It's been too long...

Yeah, 'It's been too long' sums it up. Life got busy, and blogging was one of the first things I let go of. But during my down time, I realized something. I was doing it for the wrong reasons. I was blogging for others. And to make myself look/sound good. I realized I was trying to find worth in what I did, not only in my blog, but in life in general. And I decided it wasn't worth it. So I stopped.

But I realized something else. Writing is something I love, and blogging is kinda like a digital journal. I want my blog to be a keepsake of memories, mountains, valleys, and milestones. Somewhere I can come to look back on the simple pleasures and profound truths of life.

So I decided to start blogging again. For me. And for God. And if it can be a blessing to someone else, awesome! I would love that:)

I'm not saying that I will get on a consistent blogging schedule, or that I'll have exciting, profound things to say. I want to find the profound in the simple. And the beauty in the everyday. And journal it here.

So, Happy New Years! :) I'll be back before too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment