Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Be Still

Hey everyone! Wow, before I started blogging, I had these high goals of posting something at least every other week. And here I am... 2 months since I posted anything! Anyway... Life has been busy, like normal:) we have had people coming and going quite a bit in the last 2 months, and we have been in PA 3 times in the past month. Trying to keep up with school is a job in itself:) that along with voice and violin lessons, drivers ed (yay! I'm done!) And daily life, we r always busy:)
 If there's one thing I've been struggling with/learning lately, its staying connected with God through the busyness, and keeping my relationship with him top priority. Its so easy to get sidetracked with other things, and let my relationship with God slip and get stale and dry. If there's one thing I hate, it's staleness. Stuff that is old... Stale food, stale coffee, stale relationships, and stale life. All of those things are to be fresh and alive. And if they aren't, there's a problem! When I let my time with God slip, I start feeling miserable and pointless,and life isn't fun or worthwhile anymore. I plod on in that state, trying to figure things out myself, constantly wanting to do 'something else'  because I feel pointless where I am, and getting more miserable all the time. Rushing from thing to thing, whether physically or mentally, trying to get my mind on something that makes me feel satisfied. And guess what, nothing I do in that state leaves me feeling satisfied. Even if normally, its what I live for. Everything feels pointless. I end up wearing myself out and feeling discouraged, doing nothing. I walk through life like that, wondering why something doesn't change. And then, whether its through my mom, the Bible, someone else, or God Himself, I'm brought to truth. All the time I had been trying to satisfy myself, God was calling me to just 'be still'. I was running from Him, for some reason or the other, and He was trying to get my attention. He wanted to be my Satisfaction all along, but i wouldn't be still long enough to allow Him. He was asking me to be still and listen in the middle of everything else. Because He is what makes life worthwhile. He is what makes life satisfying. And He is the reason I am alive today. He has a calling for me, a purpose for my life, that I am not going to find running around in circles. He wants to be my All-in-All. All I really need to do is be still and let him move...

No comments:

Post a Comment